Tuesday 18 December 2012

An Answered Prayer


For the past 3 years Allen and I have been together, we often spend Sundays at home. Being in the industry that we are working all day all night almost all days of the week, we tend to be couch potatoes for at least one day. Apparently, that’s during Sunday.

I am raised in a family of Catholic religion but my Lola (Grandmother) was a Christian believer. She is so close to me that I have adapted her views. She taught me all about Christ, My Savior and Redeemer. I was only in Pre-school when I first understand the love the Lord has for me. I knew since then that He loves me so much; He gave his only begotten Son and died in the Cross. It was the first verse I ever memorized for a school presentation. And up until now, I still believe that I am loved and I should worship God with all that I am and all that I can.

This was a struggle I came across when I entered the relationship with Allen. He was not the religious type. Though he studied in a Catholic School all his school life, he firmly believed that he doesn’t have to go to church each Sundays to pray as long as he prays if he needs to. It was always an argument whether humans came from apes and that we came from Adam and Eve. He thinks Science says everything. He was smarter on books than I think I am. He knows a lot of things when it comes to technical and logic. But for me, only one thing’s for sure. My Lord God created me from Him.

Sunday Mass or Worship wasn’t on our priority for the past years. It was a struggle I continued to pray for years and years.. Until Chloe came to our lives. I know in my heart that she is a gift, an unexpected one. But I know God has been planning magnificent things as He have promised. She came in a time where we were so drowned by fame and money and our lives were on twist and turns.
Since our religions contradict, it was only on her 5th Month that we seriously talked about it. We said it is better to have the Dedication at this time when she is not too young. Thus, she will somehow enjoy the party.

We went to Victory Greenhills for an appointment with Pastor Tito. He was the one referred to us after I called to set the meeting. All the while, I was so glad I am doing this inside the Church with Allen. But as the conversation goes, Pastor Tito wouldn’t want us to have our daughter’s dedication if we are not members of Victory. As he mentioned it would be a future concern. He offers his prayers to Chloe to end the discussion. That moment, I was sad. But then he said, we have to talk about it as husband and wife to arrange the situation. And he was right. Both parents should have the same religion because it will be complicated for the family’s growth.

As we were in the car, I asked him; “Ano sa Catholic na lang ba natin gawin?” Immediately, he answered back ; “Hindi. Eh di magpamember na lang tayo sa church.”

I was in awe. Jesus Christ has finally answered my prayers! He listened to my crying heart. He touched my husband’s heart to come to Him. To know him. To praise Him. Finally, a chance to be closer to our Father God.  I am thrilled on what’s going to happen. Because of my daughter coming in our lives unexpectedly, I know God has a purpose and I know this is it. For us, as a family, be with Him.

The next weeks was remarkably changed, we attend 6pm Services in Victory Greenhills. With him beside me while listening to God talking to us, it was romantic. It is an amazing moments with my husband.

It was our 4th week on attending the service. Now we had to do it in Victory Robinsons Galleria because we had lunch at City Buffet along with my in-laws so decided to just stay and wait for the 4pm Service. The ambiance was so Christmasy and the church was jam-packed. Though, I have never heard him sing a word on worship time, I know that he understands God’s preach. I know in time, as my prayers would be also answered, Honey would be singing along with me with proud voice and loud praises.

We still have a long way to go, Oh God. Walk through us in this struggle. Take our hands on this journey. With you on the center, we will never be alone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment