Sunday 23 December 2012

First Christmas

This year is Chloe's first real Christmas. I remember how I talked to her to be patient and stay with me last year because we were still hesitant to tell my family that I am pregnant. She was turning three months then. It was amazing how she came into our lives. I remember how hubby and I planned for our 2012 with travelling and spending quality time with each other and hitting our goals one at a time. Surprisingly, Chloe came. Though it wasn't on our New Year wishlists, I must say that she is the most wonderful gift God has given to me. Sounds cliche but really, I am in awe. 

It wasn't a hard pregnancy. I never had the morning sickness, dizziness and stuff. It was just a normal stage for me. I know I was lucky to be that way and knowing that I knew about my baby a little late at three months, it was somehow a miracle. Yes, a miracle because for that past months I have been working so late and surrounded with people smoking like chimneys. It was on my 8th month when I noticed sever allergies all over my body and oh, the obligatory stretchmarks. 

All in all, I was still amazed on how she grew inside me. Moving each time I eat something sweet, kicking me while on my sleep, hearing her heartbeat during ultrasound and of course how can I forget how she hides her gender five times crossing her feet. It was a memory I would cherish for a lifetime.

Her ultrasound result: A GIRL!!


 Hubby talks to her all the time while she was in my tummy.


My little bug at 2 weeks new,


She's turning seven months on the 11th. She seems to be a smart baby growing up. She knows a lot of things already, notices people and movements, dances while she wants to and laugh so hard all the time. I can never more proud each time people compliments on how cute she is. I mean this happens all the time. And I think they were never just being nice. She really is not just cute, she is beautiful.





On this first Christmas together, having her changed my life. Amazingly, she is the most important possession in my world now. She changed how I view life. Gave me a reason to continuously be better in everything I do and work harder to achieve greater things. And to give her all the best this life can give. 

More than anything else, I wish  for her good health. I wish for fast and continuous great development physically, emotionally and mentally.  I wish she stays sweet, obedient, beautiful and happy. More importantly, I wish that she grow as a daughter of God, fearing Him and praising Him with all her heart. I wish she could have all the best in life and be content on whatever blessing she have. 

Being first time parents, it was all experimental and google searched for us. And I wish nothing for Honey and I but to be a God-fearing parents to walk her on righteousness and love. To be goal-oriented, to save more for her future and to be the best parents we could ever be. We will never be perfect. But with God's guidance, we know we would be walking our path with His will. 

I am so thrilled on this first Christmas as a wife and as a mom. And right now, I know Santa thought I was nice because after many years of waiting, he gave me one of the things written on my wishlist: To be a fulfilled parent and to have a loving man beside me. 

Merry Christmas mommies! 

Love, Chloe and Me






No comments:

Post a Comment